Sitting at the top of a beautiful hilltop in Placerville’s Apple Hill region, Boa Vista Orchards has been an autumn harvest tradition for Northern California families since 1915. This fourth generation family farm has apple orchards, vineyards, Christmas trees, berry bushes, and a pumpkin patch, and most items they sell are either grown or made on the farm, or sourced from neighboring farms.
Open daily year round, Boa Vista Orchards offers fresh seasonal fruit, with the summer and fall seasons featuring apples, Asian pears, berries, peaches, pears, cherries, and plums. They also have a wide variety of farm fresh produce, baked goods and pies, dried fruit, crisp apple cider, apple wines, red wines, apple butter, marinades, sauces, jellies, jams, salsas, honey, kitchen products, and more. If you’re not local, they also have an online store that sells their non-perishable items.
During Apple Hill’s busy season in the fall, Boa Vista Orchards features local crafters and has a deli counter and barbecue stand open with options like fresh made deli sandwiches, BBQ chicken sandwiches, and tri-tip sandwiches.
Boa Vista Bakery
The Boa Vista Bakery is famous in Apple Hill for offering scrumptious baked goods all year long, including donuts, turnovers, strudel, fritters, dumplings, brownies, cookies, cake, caramel apples, and lots of pies!
Want to take a pie (or two, or three) and some baked goods home with you? Want to enjoy fresh Apple Hill baked goodies at your holiday gathering? No problem! Stop by the Boa Vista take-and-bake freezer to pick up frozen pies and baked goods to enjoy at home whenever you want.
Fresh Pressed Apple Cider
Boa Vista Orchards presses and bottles their own apple cider on-site at their cider mill. Boa Vista’s fresh pressed apple cider is made with only farm fresh apples and is available daily at Boa Vista Orchards in the gorgeous Apple Hill region of Placerville.
Apple Hill Wine And Beer Tasting
With apple, red, and dessert wines, as well as beers available daily for tasting and purchase the Boa Vista Wine Collection offers a wide selection of tastes and flavors.
Boa Vista Pumpkin Patch
We’ve been visiting the Boa Vista Pumpkin Patch for years! Beginning at the end of September and running through Halloween, the Boa Vista Orchards Pumpkin Patch not only gives families an opportunity to choose the perfect pumpkin for Halloween, but spectacular views from the hilltop over the orchards below. Filled with pumpkins and haybales, and sprinkled with wooden photo cutouts, the U-Pick Pumpkin Patch is the perfect place to snap a family photo.
Know Before You Go
- Boa Vista Orchards is located at 2952 Carson Road, Placerville, California 95667 in El Dorado County. They are not part of the Apple Hill Association, so you won’t find them on the Apple Hill map.
- Boa Vista is open daily all year long, but the pumpkin patch and crafters are only there during the busy fall season.
- Make time for some Apple Wine, Red Wine, Dessert Wine, and Beer tasting — they have a sampler!
- Can’t visit Boa Vista in person? No problem! They have an online shop with almost all non-perishable items found on-site.
- Stop by their take-and-bake freezer to bring delicious pies and baked goods home to your family to bake and enjoy right out of the oven.
- Our other must-visit, family-friendly Apple Hill farms and orchards with lots of cool activities are Apple Ridge Farms, Rainbow Orchards, Mill View Ranch, High Hill Ranch, The Fudge Factory, El Dorado Orchards, and Abel’s Apple Acres.