Every year when we visit Apple Hill, we have five or six orchards that we know we’re going to visit no matter what, like Rainbow Orchards for the donuts, High Hill Ranch and The Fudge Factory, Abel’s Apple Acres for family activities, Boa Vista Orchards for great food, a pumpkin patch, and fresh produce, Mill View Ranch for their miniature old west Kids Town, and El Dorado Orchards for the Apple Hill train ride.
Also on that list is Apple Ridge Farms, which has lots of parking, a variety of crafters and vendors, many kid-friendly attractions, and ample food options!
- On weekends, Apple Ridge Farms is packed with people. Their parking lot is full, crowds are milling about everywhere, and all activities are open and ready for you and your family.
- On weekdays, it’s a very different story. The plus side of visiting the Apple Hill farm during the week is that there is tons of parking, no lines and no crowds — it’s peaceful and quiet. The downside is that most of the crafters and vendors are closed and most of the kid activities are closed.
This year, we stopped by Apple Ridge Farms on a Monday and it was pretty shuttered. The only thing the kids could do was the hay maze and the pumpkin patch — and we snapped a few photos at their photo stations.
If you visit on the weekend though, they have face painting, gold panning and gem panning, a pumpkin patch, a hay maze, a kettle corn stand, craft booths, and more. They also have a nature trail that takes you through the apple tress, if you want to stretch your legs further and get in a good walk.
In addition to a large picnic area, Apple Ridge Farms also has:
- A Bake Shop that sells homemade pies, apple dumplings, apple and berry strudel, apple doughnuts, turnovers, cinnamon rolls, and other sweet treats.
- A BBQ House that serves tri-tip, pulled pork, and BBQ Chicken sandwiches, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken wraps, chili, and grilled cheese sandwiches.
- A Country Store with home and holiday decor, fudge, jams, jellies, fresh-pressed apple cider, handmade truffles, caramel apples, and frozen pies.
Know Before You Go
- Apple Ridge Farms is located at 1800 Larsen Dr, Camino, CA 95709 and is Apple Hill farm #20 in El Dorado County.
- With a big, shady picnic area, this is a great place to enjoy a family picnic. You can pack your own picnic and bring it with you, or grab lunch from the BBQ house on-site.
- The hay maze is a pay once, play as much as you want activity — it’s a great opportunity to let your kids blow off some steam!