My husband Brian and I just started a round of Whole30 because our stay-at-home pandemic eating was getting a little out of control and I needed to get things back on track. One of the culprits to my indulging, however, was one of my latest obsessions: Everything Bagel Seasoning.
I mowed through three bottles of the Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel Seasoning and insane amounts of hummus with lightning speed. Have you ever tried paring Everything Bagel Seasoning with hummus? If not, don’t. You’ll be hooked and you might not be able to stop eating it!
This stuff doesn’t last forever. I ran out of Everything Bagel Seasoning about a month into California’s stay-at-home orders and I was devastated. I hurried to Trader Joe’s, but the line to get in stretched all the way down the side of the building. There was no way I was going to wait in that line, so I headed home and ordered Everything Bagel Seasoning from Amazon and waited impatiently.
- The good news is that I like the Millhouse Everything Bagel Seasoning even better than the Trader Joe’s brand because it’s less salty!
- The bad news that hummus is not a Whole30 approved food so I had to cut it out of my diet for the month of June.
Thankfully there are alternatives to hummus, like this delicious Everything Bagel Cashew Cheese! I love cashew cheese — it’s also a great dairy-free cheese alternative for those of us who can’t eat dairy and it makes a great replacement for hummus when paired with veggies.
Making Everything Bagel Cashew Cheese
The trick to making this delicious dairy-free cashew cheese is soaking the raw cashews in water for at least 4-5 hours — I soak mine overnight. Then to make the cashew cheese, you simply combine the soaked cashews, Everything Bagel Seasoning, olive oil, lemon juice, and a little seat salt in your food processor and pulse it several times! That’s it. Easy peasy.
Cashew cheese can be made in a lot of different flavors and used in all sorts of dishes like the ones below:
- Cashew Cheese, Turkey, And Vegetable Wraps
- Spicy Nacho Cashew Cheese Sauce (Whole 30)
- Ground Turkey Nachos With Spicy Cashew Cheese Sauce
- Turkey Sausage Veggie Breakfast Burritos With Cashew Cheese Sauce
- Chicken, Black Bean, And Corn Salsa Quesadillas With Cashew Cheese
- Spicy Ground Turkey Cashew Queso Dip
Everything Bagel Cashew Cheese
This flavor-packed cashew cheese is a delicious dairy-free alternative to hummus or a spreadable cheese.
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1/4 cup Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Put raw cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Let cashews soak 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Drain extra water from the cashews and add them to your food processor with the lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt, and Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Pulse your food processor several times to make the cashew cheese.
If using the Trader Joe's Everything Bagel Seasoning, omit the 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
To get a creamier texture, add more water to the cashew cheese a little at a time. For a more cream-cheese like texture, add a little raw coconut butter.
Keeps in the refrigerator for about 10 days.