Cashew cheese has changed my life. Spicy Nacho Cashew Cheese has broadened this dairy-free eater’s horizons. I can’t even explain to you how much bliss I experienced sitting down and eating an entire, giant plate of nachos without feeling any guilt about “cheating” and eating cheese.
I think I even moaned in ecstasy.
I made a huge batch of Spicy Nacho Cashew Cheese Sauce the other day with the intent to eat all things nacho cheese for days. At this point, my family has said no more Nacho Cashew Cheese for a while, but that’s okay. I got my fill.
The first thing I made with my Nacho Cashew Cheese was Ground Turkey Nachos. I have missed nachos and can I just say for the record: It sucks eating at a Mexican restaurant and watching other people eat nachos in front of you when you don’t do dairy.
For these Ground Turkey Nachos, I also wanted lots of veggies, so I first chopped up some bell pepper, yellow onion, tomato, and green onions. I sauteed all of the veggies, except the green onions, over medium heat in a bit of olive oil while I made the taco meat, using one pound of ground turkey seasoned with two packets of Lawry’s Taco Seasoning.
To assemble the nachos, I piled up a bunch of gluten-free, corn taco chips on our plates and topped the chips with the sauteed veggies and ground turkey. I then poured the Spicy Nacho Cashew Cheese over everything and topped it off with the green onions and some sliced black olives I had on hand.
The Ground Turkey Nachos With Cashew Cheese Sauce were delicious. They sort of reminded me of the cheap nachos I had as a child at school — you know the ones I’m talking about. The plain taco chips with so much cheese sauces poured over the top, that the chips got soggy if you didn’t eat them fast enough… Yep. These cheese-less nachos were that good.
So good in fact, that now I’m going to try making:
- Turkey Sausage And Nacho Cheese Breakfast Burritos
- Chicken, Black Bean, And Corn, Cashew Cheese Quesadillas
- Ground Turkey Queso Dip
- Nacho Cheese Black Bean Burgers
Ground Turkey Nachos With Cashew Cheese Sauce
Nacho Cashew Cheese Sauce paired with ground turkey and spicy veggies provides a healthier option for nachos.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 packages Lawry's Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 tomato
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Nacho Cashew Cheese Sauce
- Green onions
- Sliced black olives
- Chop the bell pepper, yellow onion, tomato, and green onions.
- Saute the bell pepper, yellow onion, and tomato in olive oil in a sauce pan until veggies begin to blacken a bit. Cook the ground turkey with the Lawy's Taco Seasoning according to the taco seasoning directions.
- Assemble nachos, topping the chips with sauteed veggies and ground turkey. Pour the Nacho Cashew Cheese over everything and top with green onions and slices olives. Serve immediately.
Use this Nacho Cheese Cashew Sauce recipe.