What’s a girl to do when she’s just started Whole30 and hasn’t yet done the “Whole30 supply run” grocery trip? Raid the fridge and pantry and see what can be thrown together for a quick and easy meal.
Today the solution was a Apple, Cranberry, And Pecan Chicken Salad.
- I always have pecans and dried cranberries on hand because they instantly up any salad’s game
- Apples are a healthy snack staple in our house — especially when paired with almond butter
- Leftover grilled chicken gets repurposed into something new and yummy
Here’s the thing: I like a bit of crunch in my salads. I love adding tortilla strips or wonton strips but neither of those are allowed during Whole30. Apples are a great replacement — they add a sweet crunch, great texture, and they’re better for you!
Throwing together this salad is simple and fast, which makes it perfect for a busy weeknight Whole30 lunch or dinner. Start with a bagged salad mix (minus the dressing and non-compliant toppings) and add chicken, cranberries, and pecans. Then top with your favorite compliant salad dressing — I went with the Tessemae’s Everything Bagel Ranch and it was delicious!
Apple, Cranberry, And Pecan Chicken Salad
Crisp apples add just right amount of sweet crunch to this light grilled chicken salad.
- 1 bag salad mix
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 handfull of dried cranberries
- 1 handful of chopped pecans
- Everything Bagel Ranch Dressing
- Split the salad mix across two bowls.
- Chop the chicken and apples.
- Add half of the chicken, apples, cranberries, and pecans to each bowl. Top with Everything Bagel Ranch and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
To remain Whole30 compliant, remember to source natural dried cranberries with no sugars or oils added.
Up the flavor profile if you have time by toasting the pecans!