I may have mentioned one or two times that my new favorite food is this Vegan Cheddar Cheese Sauce recipe. It is delicious over roasted broccoli. It’s a great base for a Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup. And it makes the absolute most delectable Dairy-Free Bacon Macaroni And Cheese.
I may have also mentioned one or two times that I hate food waste and always try to find a new and creative way to use up our leftovers. It’s how I came up with things like:
- Broccoli Parmesan Potato Rounds
- Taco Pie Cornbread Waffles
- Turkey Sausage Veggie Breakfast Burritos With Cashew Cheese Sauce
- Leftover Stuffing Waffles With Turkey And Gravy
- Parmesan Spaghetti Bolognese Waffles
- Leftover Domino’s Pizza Waffles
- Everything Left In The Fridge Naan Bread Pizzas
I had made the Creamy Vegan Cheese Sauce to pour over broccoli and had enough leftover for nachos! WooHoo! Dairy-free Nachos!
I cooked the ground turkey with a packet of Lawry’s taco seasoning, I grabbed some veggies out of the refrigerator and sauteed them in a small pan over medium heat, and heated up the leftover dairy-free cheddar cheese sauce. I then arranged the corn tortilla chips on our plates, poured the cheese sauce over the chips, and topped it with a mixture of the ground turkey and veggies, adding in some leftover black olives too.
Mmmmm these Loaded Ground Turkey Nachos With Vegan Cheddar Cheese Sauce are so, so, so tasty. I can’t begin to tell you how happy I am that I can eat nachos again and not have to worry about any implications from eating dairy!
Loaded Turkey Nachos With Vegan Cheddar Cheese Sauce
A creamy vegan cheddar cheese sauce makes these nachos dairy-free heaven.
- Corn tortilla chips
- Creamy vegan cheddar cheese sauce
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 Lawry's taco seasoning package
- Yellow onion, chopped
- Red bell pepper, chopped
- Yellow bell pepper, chopped
- Green onions, diced
- black olives
- Cook ground turkey according to the directions on the taco seasoning package. In a small saute pan, saute the onion, bell pepper, and green onions.
- Prepare the creamy vegan cheddar cheese sauce (link below).
- Arrange tortilla chips on plates, pour the cheese sauce over the chips, and top with a mixture of the ground turkey, sauteed veggies, and black olives. Serve immediately.
Use this Creamy Vegan Cheddar Cheese Sauce recipe.
This recipe is a great way to use up your leftover cheese sauce!