Okay, today is day 23 of Whole30, and while I’m not bored or tired of my eggs yet, I am ready to try something different… after I devour this Bacon Asparagus Scramble.
This is our very first Whole30. My goals are to create long-term, sustainable, healthy food habits, including making overall better choices about what goes into our bodies, snacking less, and making meals count. I wanted to practically guarantee our success with the program, so for these 30 days, I decided to just keep things as simple and as easy as possible. Plus, we needed to make Whole30 a success over our spring break road trip — so prepping Whole30 road trip food had to be easy!
Loads of people jump into huge amounts of meal prep, trying all kinds of new recipes, and eating foods they have never eaten before — and I’m impressed! We’re taking a different approach however, and sticking mostly to easy, simple, meals we already know and love, with slight tweaks to make them Whole30 compliant.
This includes my breakfast scrambles:
- Western Barbecue Scrambled Eggs And Potatoes
- Broccoli Breakfast Scramble With Peppers And Onions
- Purple Potato And Vegetable Scrambled Eggs
- Mushroom And Asparagus Scrambled Eggs
- Spicy Red Potato And Veggie Breakfast Scramble With Avocado
- Mediterranean Artichoke Scrambled Eggs
- Asparagus And Mixed Veggie Breakfast Scramble
We’re already talking about doing another round of Whole30 when this one ends. For that round, now that we’re comfortable and familiar with The Whole30 Rules, my mission is to try new breakfast options, like turning our scrambles into breakfast egg cups, bakes, and frittatas, like the Tomato Basil Breakfast Bake With Italian Turkey Sausage I made for Easter brunch.
Making The Bacon And Asparagus Breakfast Scramble
Scrambles are the easiest and fastest way to make breakfast ever. All you have to do is combine a bunch of different ingredients in one large skillet and mix it all up!
For this Bacon And Asparagus Breakfast Scramble, I first cubed the potatoes and cooked them in the microwave on the “potato setting.” While the potatoes were cooking, I chopped the bell pepper, tomato, asparagus, and bacon. Then I combined the bell pepper and potato in a large skillet, cooking it in olive oil over medium heat. When the peppers begin to show black marks, I added the tomato, asparagus, bacon, and eggs, scrambled all of the ingredients together, and seasoned the scramble with cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
Just spicy enough and so delicious!
Bacon And Asparagus Scrambled Eggs
Adding bacon to this vegetable and potato scramble with get even the most veggie-reluctant eater on board!
- Bacon, chopped
- Asparagus, chopped
- Baby red and yellow potatoes
- Red bell pepper, chopped
- Tomato, chopped
- Olive oil
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cube the potatoes and cook them in the microwave on the "potato setting." While the potatoes are cooking, chop the bell pepper, tomato, asparagus, and bacon.
- Combine the bell pepper and potato in a large skillet and cook in olive oil over medium heat. When the peppers begin to show black marks, add the tomato, asparagus, bacon, and eggs.
- Scramble all ingredients together well, seasoning the scramble with cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Serve immediately.