Holy moly! You eat a lot of eggs during The Whole30. So many eggs. So many hard boiled eggs, delived eggs, egg salad, and breakfasts of scrambled eggs. It can get boring pretty fast, so I’m always looking to change things up, get a little variety, and make our breakfast scrambles with a little different flavor.
I’m not personally a mushroom fan, but Brian loves them, so I buy a bunch every so often and work them into our meals, keeping my foods separate from his. This scramble was perfect for Brian and he loved it! I made my own Whole30 compliant breakfast scramble, the Bacon And Asparagus Scrambled Eggs.
Making Mushroom And Asparagus Scrambled Eggs
To make this Whole30 approved breakfast scramble, I used onions, red and yellow bell peppers, potatoes, asparagus, and mushrooms. The potatoes help us feel fuller longer and the veggies add all sorts of healthy yumminess.
Start by cubing the potatoes and place them in the microwave to cook on the potato setting. While the potatoes are cooking, dice the onion and bell peppers, slice the mushrooms, and chop the asparagus.
Next, combine the potatoes, onions, bell peppers, and asparagus in a skillet and cook the mixture in olive oil over medium heat. When almost fully cooked, add the eggs, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and scramble to combine. Serve the Mushroom And Asparagus Scrambled Eggs immediately.
Mushroom And Asparagus Scrambled Eggs
Mushrooms give this vegetable scramble a rich and hearty flavor.
- Red and yellow bell peppers, diced
- Yellow onion, diced
- Red potatoes, cubed
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Cube potatoes and place in the microwave to cook on the "potato setting." Dice the onion and bell peppers, slice the mushrooms, and chop the asparagus.
- Combine potatoes, onions, bell peppers, and asparagus in a skillet and cook in olive oil over medium heat.
- Add eggs, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and scramble to combine. Serve immediately.