You know what’s amazing? Cooking a large batch of food one day and then having it on hand for several days throughout the week so you don’t have to cook. We do this a lot and it helps us get dinner on the table faster during the workweek!
At the beginning of the week, we like making a large batch of barbecue chicken and a big fruit salad, and cutting up and chopping all of our veggies for the week’s meals. I also love making a big batch of Crunchy Dill Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps or Dill Chicken And Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps
Making Dill Chicken And Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps
These Dill Chicken And Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps are basically another version of my favorite summertime lunch ever: Crunchy Dill Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps. It uses almost all of the same ingredients — celery, red grapes, toasted slivered almonds, shredded chicken, dill, and mayo — but for this recipe, I add mustard and chopped hard boiled eggs.
While you can use your favorite store-bought mayo, this homemade Whole30 Mayo Recipe is supremely, amazingly delicious. It’s fluffier, lighter, and creamy than regular mayo — and really, making your own mayo isn’t as hard as you think it is.
Here’s the best thing about this chicken and egg salad recipe: you can make a huge batch of it at the beginning of the week and eat it for lunch all week long. Or, when you only have a little bit of the original Crunchy Dill Chicken Salad left, you can simply add hard boiled eggs and mustard, and some more grapes and celery if you have them on hand to make it last even longer!
Dill Chicken And Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps
Hard boiled eggs and shredded chicken give this crunchy salad a protein-rich base.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Hard boiled eggs
- Red grapes, halved
- Celery, diced
- Slivered almonds, toasted
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Boil chicken breasts and shred into medium-size pieces. Hard boil the eggs and chop into small pieces.
- Chop the celery, halve the grapes, and toast the slivered almonds.
- Combine the chicken, eggs, celery, grapes, and almonds in a large bowl. Add mayo, mustard, dill, sea salt, and black pepper, and stir until coasted well and ingredients begin to stick together.
- Serve cold in lettuce wraps.
While you can use any store-bought mayonnaise, this Whole30 Mayo Recipe is to die for and will make this Chicken And Egg Salad taste even better!