It’s another high-octane weekend of Monster Jam Triple Threat Series events featuring six different competitions of speed, racing and freestyle stunts at the Golden 1 Center from January 18–20, 2019.
Monster Jam®, the most action-packed motorsports experience for families in the world today, returns to Sacramento this weekend with a new level of high-flying, four-wheel excitement — Sacramento’s FIRST-EVER indoor arena Monster Jam truck back flip during the Freestyle Driving portion of the event!
We arrived an hour before the show, which is plenty of time to park, walk in, grab some food and snacks on the concourse, and get to your seats — and of course, we made a beeline for El Centro and their pollo tacos and chili lime fries. So yummy! Next we grabbed drinks, popcorn, and candy and found our seats.
About Monster Jam Sacramento
Monster Jam drivers are highly-trained male and female athletes who have mastered not only the physical strength and mental stamina needed to compete, but the vital dexterity to control 12,000-pound machines capable of doing backflips, vertical two-wheel skills and racing at speeds up to 70 miles per hour to produce jaw-dropping, live motor sports action seen around the world.
The Monster Jam Triple Threat Series athletes competing in Sacramento are:
- Grave Digger® driven by Tyler Menninga (2017 Triple Threat East Series champ)
- Max-D™ driven by Colton Eichelberger
- El Toro Loco® driven by 2019 rookie driver Elvis Lainez
- Soldier Fortune™ Black Ops driven by Tony Ochs
- Zombie™ driven by Bari Musawwir
- Megalodon® driven by Austin Minton
- Scooby-Doo™ driven by Myranda Cozad
- Monster Mutt® Rottweiler driven by 2019 rookie driver Tanner Root
The Monster Jam Triple Threat Series features each competitor driving three-different customized high-powered vehicles — Monster Jam Speedsters, Monster Jam ATVs, and Monster Jam trucks — in six different events, including:
- A Monster Truck timed race where the trucks race around the outer track.
- ATV racing — and the best is when all eight competitors are on the track at the same time.
- The Monster Truck two-wheel competition where they try to outperform each other with tricks on two wheels.
- The Monster Truck donut competition that’s loud and super fun.
- Speedster racing — those things fly in the air!
- The Freestyle Monster Truck competition where the trucks fly through the air, do amazing tricks, and crush cars!
We Had A Blast!
The ATV and Speedster races are high-energy and super fun to watch because the competitors are fierce, fast, and they crash into each other, fly through the air, and sometimes, tip over — and there isn’t a big Monster Truck body protecting them either. But the giant Monster Trucks are by far the best part of the whole night at Monster Jam.
The donut competition was fun because the trucks are crazy loud and they spin really fast… but not all of them spin very long. Seeing the two-wheel competition was awesome. There’s nothing quite like watching the drivers balance those enormous 12,000 pound trucks on their noses and then do tricks like that! And let’s face it, seeing and hearing a giant crunch when part of the trucks get smashed is pretty fantastic!
The highlight of the entire night though is the freestyle competition and while a few of the drivers really brought their ‘A game’ with gravity-defying jumps, Grave Digger® driver Tyler Menninga had the entire stadium cheering and screaming by landing a full back flip! It was a spectacular way to end a fun night out with the family!
— InspiredImperfection (@abitinspired) January 19, 2019
You’re Part Of The Action
Across all Monster Jam events, fans in every city get to participate in the show by voting for the winners of each competition in real-time, in the stadium, on their smartphones.
After each driver competed, we were able to vote and give them a score based on how well we thought they did and how impressive their tricks were — which meant we got a say in who won each round. Voting, waiting to see the final scores, and being part of the show made the night even more fun!
We just think that Grave Digger® driver Tyler Menninga should have earned a 10.0 for that awesome back flip!
Monster Jam® Triple Threat Series Sacramento Dates:
- Friday, January 18, 2018 at 7:00 pm
- Saturday, January 19, 2018 at 7:00 pm
Pit Party open from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm (event ticket and extra pit pass required)
- Sunday, January 20, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Pit Party open from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm (event ticket and extra pit pass required)
Monster Jam Sacramento Location:
- Golden 1 Center
- 500 David J. Stern Walk, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Venue Website
Monster Jam Sacramento Tickets:
- Discount code is BIGAIR for 20% off select seats!
- Tickets are affordably priced for the whole family with seats starting at just $20 each. Tickets are now available for purchase online at Ticketmaster.com, charge by phone at 800-745-3000 or visit the Golden 1 Center Box Office.
- Pit Passes available to purchase for $15 each.
*Ticket prices are subject to change. Additional venue/ticketing fees may apply.
About Feld Entertainment
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that uplift the human spirit and bring people together. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, AMSOIL Arenacross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!, Sesame Street Live!, Marvel Universe LIVE!, and and DreamWorks Trolls The Experience. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com for more information.