The Disney celebration and ice skating event of the century comes alive in Disney On Ice Celebrates 100 Years of Magic, playing November 1-4, 2018 at the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento.
Last night my daughter Natalie and I took my nephews (ages 2 and 3.5) to this fun and entertaining Disney On Ice show and we had a blast! We received complimentary tickets from the show’s producer Feld Entertainment to review the show for this blog.
We always try to arrive at Disney On Ice events early because there is usually some fun happening before the show too.
- First, we got to participate in a special media event where we got to meet and take pictures with Mickey and Minnie Mouse — my nephews LOVED this! There were also Mickey shaped sugar cookies to decorate with frosting and toppings.
- Next, we were ushered into the arena to find our seats and hangout until the show started. We had quite a bit of time and toddlers get restless, so we headed out into the promenade to get burgers, fries, and milkshakes from Cafe Bernardo and giant light up Mickey Wands at the souvenir stand.
- Then a few minutes before the show, some skaters came out onto the ice and soon Mickey and Minnie were introduced — and from this point on, the kids were transfixed.
Disney On Ice Celebrates 100 Years of Magic features 14 Disney stories and all of your favorite Disney Princesses, including Cinderella, Tiana, Ariel, Belle, Snow White, Jasmine, and Rapunzel.
With an international team of award-winning figure skaters, high-energy choreography, beautifully designed sets, and song and after song to sing along to, you and your kids will have a fantastic time. And, if your kids are at all like my nephews, they’ll be captivated by the performances and wearing giant smiles!
In this ice show, you’ll also experience:
- The awesome wintry wonderland of Disney’s Frozen with Anna, Elsa, Christoff, and Olaf as they discover that true love is the greatest magic of all.
- Some of your favorite stories and songs from Disney/Pixar’s Finding Dory and Toy Story, as well as Disney’s Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast.
- The legacy of Disney displayed on the ice, telling the classic and modern stories like Pinocchio, Mulan, and The Lion King.
Plus, with over 30 melodious masterpieces like “Let It Go!,” “You’ve Got A Friend in Me,” and “Hakuna Matata,” Disney On Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic is the ultimate Disney fan experience.
At the end of the show, Mickey Mouse leads a parade of more than 50 beloved characters starring Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy, as well as an ensemble of Disney Princesses and characters, which was one of our favorite parts of the show.
My nephews also loved the giant dragon that come on the ice during the Mulan story, the giant Crush and all the small sea turtles dancing around on the ice during Finding Dory, and getting to see Woody, Buzz, and Jesse from Toy Story… and of course, the lovable Olaf from Frozen.
Disney On Ice Celebrates 100 Years of Magic Sacramento Dates:
- Thursday, Nov. 1 at 7:00 pm
- Friday, Nov. 2 at 7:00 pm
- Saturday, Nov. 3 at 11:00 am, 3:00 pm, and 7:00 pm
- Sunday, Nov. 4 at 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm
Disney On Ice Celebrates 100 Years of Magic Sacramento Location:
- Golden 1 Center
- 500 David J Stern Walk
- Sacramento, California 95814
Disney On Ice Celebrates 100 Years of Magic Sacramento Tickets:
- Tickets start at $20 each!
- Discount Opening Night tickets available for only $10 each on select seating (not valid for premium VIP/Front Row seating)
- Tickets available for purchase online at Ticketmaster.com, by phone at 800-745-3000, or in-person at the venue Box Office.
About Feld Entertainment
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that lift the human spirit and create indelible memories, with 30 million people in attendance at its shows each year. Feld Entertainment’s productions have appeared in more than 75 countries and on six continents to date and include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, AMSOIL Arenacross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!, Sesame Street Live!, and Marvel Universe LIVE! Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com for more information.