I’ve said this several times: Breakfast is my all time favorite meal of the day. It’s Brian’s favorite meal of the day too, which you can probably tell, as the majority of the recipes I have shared so far on Inspired Imperfection are almost all breakfast and waffle recipes!
I also love buffalo sauce. Before I developed my lactose allergy, my go to bar snack was boneless buffalo wings and blue cheese or ranch — and I miss it… so now I get my buffalo sauce fix at breakfast on my eggs.
My favorite breakfast recipe using buffalo sauce is Waffled Hash Browns With Vegetable Eggs And Buffalo Sauce. It’s soooo good!
For this breakfast, I started with the waffled hash browns because they take the longest to cook. I sprayed the waffle iron with olive oil, grabbed four handfulls of hash browns, placed each one in a waffle well, seasoned them with salt and pepper, and closed the waffle iron to let them cook for about 20 minutes on medium heat.
While the waffles were cooking in the waffle iron, I chopped up the veggies and sauteed the tomato, onion, and red bell pepper in a pan on the stove on medium heat. When the veggies began to brown, I added the eggs.
Just before the eggs were done cooking, I added the chopped spinach, salt and pepper, and a little bit of buffalo sauce to give the eggs some extra kick.
I then plated up the breakfast, drizzled the waffled hash browns and eggs with buffalo sauce, and topped it with smashed avocado.
Waffling the hash browns was awesome.
They cooked much faster in the waffle iron than over the stove, and the texture was perfect. The hash brown waffles were crunchy on the outsides (top and bottom) and soft on the inside — and with the buffalo sauce drizzle, they tasted amazing!
This is definitely a very filling breakfast — perfect for those days when you’re going out adventuring and need to eat a big breakfast that will keep you full.
Waffled Hash Browns With Vegetable Eggs, Buffalo Sauce, And Guacamole
Buffalo sauce gives your eggs and veggies a kick and hash brows cook faster in a waffle iron.
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 handfull of spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/2 package hash browns
- 1 large avocado
- Buffalo sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Spray waffle iron with olive oil. Place a handfull of hash browns in each waffle well, season them with salt and pepper, close the waffle iron, and cook for about 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Chop tomato, onion, red bell pepper, and spinach.
- Saute tomato, onion, and red bell pepper over medium heat until veggies begin to brown. Add eggs and scramble. Just before eggs are done, add spinach, salt and pepper, and a little bit of buffalo sauce.
- Plate the hash brown waffles and veggies and eggs on plates, drizzle with buffalo sauce, and top with snashed avocado. Serve immediately.
To speed up cook time for the hash browns even more, pop them in the microwave for about 5 minutes or cook them half way in a skillet on the stove before placing them in the waffle iron.