Do you eat leftovers? For years I never ate leftovers because let’s face it, most foods never taste as good reheated the second day. But our family if working hard to eat everything we buy and reduce our food waste, which means actually eating those leftovers.
At first I was not very happy, but then I realized that if I keep all of the components of our meals separate, I can reuse the pieces of the meal in a whole new way with other ingredients the next day to make something totally different. With this approach our leftovers are more delicious and more fun! The great thing is that this same approach works for party food too.
We had a backyard barbecue a little while back and barbecued a load of hamburgers and hotdogs — and of course, we had hamburger patties leftover. Well, I turned those hamburger patties into something brand new: Savory Herb And Hamburger Stuffing Waffles and it was fast because I already had everything I needed in the pantry.
Plus, this isn’t my first rodeo combining burgers and waffles or stuffing and waffles. Our Cheeseburger Waffles, Cheeseburger Stuffed Waffles, and Stuffing Waffles were all successful and tasty experiments!
These Savory Herb And Hamburger Stuffing Waffles aren’t the prettiest things to eat but holy moly… they are delicious! I didn’t even feel like I was eating leftovers!
Making Hamburger and Stuffing Waffles
These dinner waffles are fast and super easy because the burger patties were already cooked and boxed stuffing mix means you’re not making anything from scratch.
I first made the stuffing, chopping up three good size hamburger patties and getting out the rest of the ingredients while it cooked. Just as the stuffing finished cooking, I preheated the waffle iron and added the chopped burger patties, two eggs, a half cup of flour, and a tablespoon of burger seasoning to the stuffing and mixed it together.
After that you just need to scoop about a cup of the mixture into the waffle iron, seal it shut, and wait until it beeps. I cooked my waffles for about four minutes — they are done when the outside is brown and crispy. Then plate the waffles, top them with barbecue sauce, and enjoy!
Be careful not to under cook the Savory Herb And Hamburger Stuffing Waffles. If you do, you won’t be able to get it out of the waffle iron in one piece and it will make a huge mess. Been there. Done that.
Savory Herb And Hamburger Stuffing Waffles
Turn your leftover hamburger patties into a whole new creative meal by crumbling them in a savory herb stuffing and waffling them!
- Savory Herb Stuffing
- 3 hamburger patties
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tblsp. Burger Seasoning
- Barbecue Sauce
- Prepare the Savory Herb Stuffing according the instructions on the box.
- Preheat the waffle iron on medium heat. Chop the hamburger patties up into small pieces. Add the hamburger patties, eggs, flour, and Burger Seasoning to the sutffing and mix until evenly distributed.
- Add the hamburger and stuffing mixture to the waffle iron, being careful not to overfull it. (I use about 1 cup mixture per waffle well.)
- Cook for about 4 minutes or until the waffle iron beeps. Carefully open the waffle iron and check to make sure the waffles are done. They should be brown and crispy on the outside.
- Top with your favorite barbecue sauce and serve.