When I’m sick, I rarely feel like eating a big meal. I almost never eat a big dinner or lunch, but I always eat a big breakfast. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I pretty much make an awesome breakfast almost everyday no matter what.
Last week I got hit with a nasty head cold that basically took me out of commission for four days. I was exhausted, I felt like crap, and I needed to stay on track with The Whole30 — which meant that I ate a lot of breakfast scrambles and I even had breakfast scrambles for dinner once or twice! Seriously, eating Whole30 while sick isn’t easy because my normal comfort foods are a no-no.
We had some Adelle’s Artichoke and Garlic Chicken Sausage leftover from making Lemony Carrot And Zucchini Noddles With Artichoke Garlic Sausage for dinner, and because I needed to use it up, I decided it’d make a great addition to a yummy Whole30 breakfast scramble… and boy was I right. This was one delicious breakfast!
I went from being hungry to eating breakfast in 10 minutes. That’s how fast and easy this recipe is!
I first cubed the potatoes and microwaved them on the potato setting. While the potatoes were cooking, I sliced the sausages and set them aside to add to my scramble later. When the potatoes were ready, I combined the potatoes, bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes in a large skillet, drizzled everything with olive oil, and cooked them over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
When the potatoes began to blacken and the onions began to brown, I added the sliced sausages and cooked them with the potatoes and veggies for about two-three minutes, stirring as the ingredients cooked. I then added the eggs, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper, and scrambled everything together. When the eggs were about halfway done cooking, I added the spinach and scrambled the mixture until well incorporated.
NOTE: This yummy, filling breakfast scramble tastes amazing topped with Whole30 compliant Tessemae’s Organic Ketchup!
Artichoke Garlic Chicken Sausage Breakfast Scramble
Artichoke garlic chicken sausage, mixed veggies, and potatoes pack this hearty breakfast scramble with flavor.
- Small yellow potatoes
- Bell peppers, mix of colors, chopped
- Onion, chopped
- Tomato, chopped
- Adelle's Artichoke And Garlic Chicken Sausage, slices
- Spinach, chopped
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Cube the potatoes and microwave on the potato setting. Slice the sausages and set aside.
- Combine cooked potatoes, bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes in a large skillet. Drizzle with olive oil. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- When potatoes begin to blacken and onions begin to brown, add the sliced sausages and cook for two-three minutes, stirring as the ingredients cook. Add eggs, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Scramble. About halfway through eggs cooking, add the spinach and scramble until well incorporated. Serve immediately.
This breakfast scramble tastes amazing topped with Whole30 compliant Tessemae's Organic Ketchup!