Because Yaki Point was closed due to construction, Pipe Creek Vista was our last scenic vista point on our adventure traveling from Desert View Point to Grand Canyon Village.
Located on Desert View Drive between the Grand Canyon Visitor Center and the South Kaibab Trailhead at Yaki Point, Pipe Creek Vista offers spectacular views of Pipe Creek, the major canyon between the Kaibab Trail and the Bright Angel Trail.
Pipe Creek Vista sits on the Rim Trail, which stretches along the Grand Canyon South Rim from Hermit’s Rest to the South Kaibab Trailhead. Because of its close proximity to Grand Canyon Village, Pipe Creek Vista is a popular quieter alternative to Mather Point.
This scenic viewpoint can be accessed by personal vehicle or by using the free Kaibab Rim Route (Orange) Shuttle Bus that departs from the Grand Canyon Visitor Center.
Know Before You Go
- Pipe Creek Vista is a scenic overlook on the Desert View Drive portion of Arizona Highway 64 in Grand Canyon Village, Arizona 86023. It is in Coconino County in Grand Canyon National Park.
- Pipe Creek Vista sits at 7,160 feet elevation.
- This scenic viewpoint can be accessed by private vehicle or by using the free Kaibab Rim Route (Orange) Shuttle Bus, departing from the Grand Canyon Visitor Center.
- The Canyon Rim Trail may be accessed at this overlook with a 1.3 mile walk on a paved trail west to Mather Point, or a 0.8 mile walk east to the South Kaibab Trailhead at Yaki Point.
- The nearest restrooms are in Grand Canyon Village.